The Watersports Academy understands that customers care about the use and storage of their personal information and data and that you rely upon us to act in a careful and sensible manner in this regard.
The Internet is a global environment and using the Internet to collect and process personally identifiable information involves the transmission of data on an international basis. By browsing this website and communicating electronically with us you acknowledge and agree to our processing your personally identifiable information in this way.
Collection of data and use of personal information:
We collect your data and personal information in the following ways:
- From our website when you make or manage a booking, register or alter your details, enter The Watersports Academy competition, use the ‘Contact Us’ forms for an enquiry or request a brochure.
- From the Academy / reception or sales departments from your correspondence.
- From telephone calls when you contact the Academy.
- From your registration details provided on arrival.
We use your data and personal information in the following ways:
- Continually to improve your customer experience. We use the information to assess our activities and facilities, to communicate with you about bookings, products, services and promotional offers, to update our records and to recommend products and services which may be of interest to you. We may also contact you to ask about your experience using our facilities and services as part of a continual programme of customer service improvement.
- To improve our website, to prevent or detect fraud or abuses of our website and enable third parties to carry out technical, logistical or other functions on our behalf.
- To provide you with requested information, such as an Academy brochure, or correspondence by way of a response to an enquiry made by you.
- To send you details of your new, amended or cancelled booking usually via e-mail.
- . Your contact details may be used, with your permission, to supply information to you by telephone, e-mail or post about The Watersports Academy or to send you occasional promotional material, such as information about special offers which we think that you might find of interest. If you do not wish to receive, or to continue to receive, this information at any time you may opt out at any time. See the opt out section of this policy.
- We may also provide aggregate statistics about our customers, sales, traffic patterns and related site information to reputable third parties but these statistics will include no personally identifying information.
- We might receive information about you from other sources and add it to our existing information. This ensures that the quality of data we hold is properly maintained.
Employee Access to Information
Non-disclosure to third parties
The information and data we collect is important for The Watersports Academy and our parent group FJB Collection. We would not want to share this with anyone else. Unless we have your express consent we will never disclose, rent, trade or sell your personal data to any third parties for their marketing or mailing purposes.
- Assisting you in navigation;
- Assisting in registration to our events, login, and your ability to provide feedback;
- Analysing your use of our services or activities;
- Assisting with our promotional and marketing efforts. (including behavioural advertising)
- Below is a detailed list of the cookies we use on our websites. Our websites are scanned with our cookie scanning tool regularly to maintain a list as accurate as possible.
- Strictly Necessary Cookies
These cookies are necessary for the website to function and cannot be switched off in our systems. You can set your browser to block or alert you about these cookies, but some parts of the site may not work then.
Used to identify trusted web traffic
Cookies name: _cfduid
- Performance Cookies
These cookies allow us to count visits and traffic sources, so we can measure and improve the performance of our site. They help us know which pages are the most and least popular and see how visitors move around the site. All information these cookies collect is aggregated and therefore anonymous. If you do not allow these cookies, we will not know when you have visited our site.
Used to generate statistical data on how the visitor uses the website.
Cookies names: _ga, _gat, _gid, collect
The Watersports Academy website
Cookies name: hasBarAkamaized
Cookies names: aka_debug
- Strictly Necessary Cookies
Whilst cookies may identify you as a user of the websites, your personal details are not stored or used to individually identify you and the cookie cannot access or store any personal information which you have not provided to the websites during your visit. They are also not able to put malicious software or viruses on your computer or change the operation of your equipment.
We will never share any personal information about you with these third parties and the cookies used to maintain your anonymity.
To find out more about cookies, including how to see what cookies have been set and how to manage and delete them, visit www.allaboutcookies.org. Please be aware that you will need to manage each browser on each device that you access the internet with separately.
Security of your information
We follow strict security procedures in the storage and disclosure of information which you have given us. This is to prevent unauthorised access or unlawful processing of your personal information. Credit card details are not recorded on The Watersports Academy’s website when a booking is made.
Updating, Maintenance and Accuracy of your Information
We do our best to ensure that all information held relating to you is kept up-to-date, accurate and complete.
In this regard, we also rely on you to notify us if your information requires updating or deleting. We will respond to requests from you to update or delete your information in an efficient and timely manner.
Opt out/Data quality/Access
We will always ask your permission before sending you electronic marketing information. This ensures you only receive information you have given us permission to send and are willing to receive.
It is possible, if you have given us your permission to receive a type of electronic marketing communication, to alter your preferences at any time:
- Promotional e-mails provide a link at the end of the e-mail to unsubscribe from that service.
- Unsubscribe directly from our mailing section.
Please note that it is not possible to ‘opt-out’ of receiving communication from us which relate to your bookings. This ensures we can always contact you in the event of a circumstance which affects your booking with us.
We might receive information about you from other sources, such as the Mail Preference Service, and add it to our account information. This ensures that the quality of data which we hold is properly maintained.
For the purposes of the Data Protection Act (1998), the controller of all information collected on this website is:
The Watersports Academy
14 Wharncliffe Road
If you wish to view, delete or amend any of the information we hold on you, this can be done by contacting us in writing at the address provided above. We will not charge for amending or deleting personal information, but may charge for viewing information held on you as specified in the Data Protection Act (1998).
This is a United Kingdom website and is subject to the laws of England and Wales and any disputes will be decided only by the courts of England and Wales. The Watersports Academy will disclose personally identifiable information without your permission when required by law or, in good faith belief, that such action is necessary to investigate or protect against suspected criminal activities to The Watersports Academy guests, visitors, associates or property (including this site) or to others.
Other related sites within thewatersportsacademy.com
Within thewatersportsacademy.com is another related website which is accessible from links within thewatersportsacademy.com or via separate URLs. This website is: fjbhotels.co.uk
Grosvenor Marine Services Ltd. Reg no. 556842 t/a The Watersports Academy
Registered Office: 6th Floor, Dean Park House, 8-10 Dean Park Crescent, Bournemouth, BH1 1HP